How to hide field or restrict edit access to that field in Customer portal

Srujan kumar August 8, 2022

Can we have a field in edit/view screen and request type form with edit access limited or restricted to people who have access to Jira Service Desk but it should not allow an customer to edit it once after ticket is created. I need support on this. Appreciate your quick response in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Srujan kumar ,

Ticket fields are not editable from customer portal after it has been created. Users can only add comment and add/remove shares to the ticket. 

If you want any field to be displayed only after ticket is created and customer should not add value while creating a ticket, then you can add the required field to "Request type" form and fill a preset value. You can edit them after user creates the ticket.
Please note: When a ticket is first created, customer will be able to see the preset value 

In the screenshot, component field is made hidden for users. When they create a ticket, the default value "Active directory" will be shown and you can modify later. 

image.png

Srujan kumar August 8, 2022

@Rilwan Ahmed gotcha, Thank you so much.

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this
Ricardo Martinez September 1, 2022

I am using customFields with type "Insight objects"

And in those types I don't have the option "Use preset value and hide from portal"

Do you know a way I can hide a filed on the Portal Form, (I do want it visible in the "Create Issue" screen

Right now If I remove it from the Request Form , its also removed from the "Create issue" screen.

Thanks in advanceCaptura de pantalla 2022-09-01 a las 13.44.32.png

ammar.esmaeel February 23, 2023

Hey @Ricardo Martinez Ricardo, you can put those fields in the issue view. so they will be hidden in the portal

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events