Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide/archive a next-gen project

Jon Dobson December 4, 2019

I would like to hide/archive a next-gen project. According to this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-editing-deleting-and-hiding-projects-844500729.html, I should be able to modify the permissions for my project by selecting "Permissions" in the project settings sidebar. However, the "Permissions" menu item does not exist for next-gen projects.

Is there a way to hide/archive (make invisible to non-admin users) a next-gen project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Next gen projects does not work the same way as that guide. 

What you can do is to go to the project settings

First go to details and set Access to private this will allow only persons listed in the people section to see issues in the project. Naturally the next step would be to remove anyone that should not have access to the archived project in the people section. 

There is no other options that i am aware of other than deleting the project entirely. 

Jon Dobson December 5, 2019

Ok sounds reasonable.

Is there a standard way in which the docs indicate whether or not they apply to next-gen projects?

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Not really, it can get quite confusing sometimes when trying to find what exactly applies to nextgen projects. I would really like it if articles that apply to next gen projects were separated from other articles but that is not the case.

The best there is are some articles that specifically focus on next gen such as: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/managing-next-gen-projects-942834582.html

Like Steven Muller likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events