Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of issue resolution when ticket is reopened or in different issue status?

Vinodkumar Mayur November 29, 2022

Suppose, say the ticket is closed first with the resolution as "Done" and customer wants to reopen, The status can either go to "In progress" Or Reopened depending on the preferences set by Jira admin.

I can still see the previous issue resolution next to the issue status. Is there a way we can get rid of it? I have checked the post functions, couldn't get much ideas on how to delete the same.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Vinodkumar Mayur 

The Resolution field can be cleared by setting a post-function in the workflow transition you'd like to have this occur.

I recommend having a look at this Knowledge Base Article for more details:

Vinodkumar Mayur November 29, 2022

Very helpful. Thank you so much! Resolved my query.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Vinodkumar Mayur 

In all of your workflows:

Every transition from a 'Done' status category to a 'To Do' or 'In Progress' status category should clear the resolution. This is done via a Post Function on these transitions.

Every transition from a 'To Do' or 'In Progress" status category to a 'Done' status category should set a resolution, either via a Post Function or via the Resolution FIeld on the transition screen where it is made mandatory via a Validator.

The only way to correct unresolved issues with a resolution is to create a self-reflecting transition on the status which clears the resolution via a post-function.

You can perform a bulk operation provided that these issues are in the same status.

Unfortunately, the bulk fix resolution built-in script in ScriptRunner is not available for Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events