Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get individual users from user list from jira field

rupen.deshpande May 10, 2023

We have a form where customers can enter multiple users in a filed, basically we have it linked to User Picker (multiple users) field type. The issue I have is, I want to create individial tickets based on each user mentioned in the field iteratively using jira automation.

The problem is, I can get the count of how many users are entered in the field, but no where in the jira smart values help pages I was able to find how to get each individual values seperately.

This is wati tried wit hte vriables:

My variables:
All:{{issue.customfield_10668.DisplayName}}
size:{{issue.customfield_10668.size}}
count(storing the size in a custom field):{{issue.customfield_10808}}
count formated:{{issue.customfield_10808.format("###")}}
Get index using variable:{{issue.customfield_10668.size}}
Display second last member using index:{{issue.customfield_10668.get(2).DisplayName}}
Display second last member using size:{{issue.customfield_10668.DisplayName.get(issue.customfield_10668.size.minus(2))}}
Display second last member using count field:{{issue.customfield_10668.DisplayName.get(issue.customfield_10808.minus(2))}}
Display second last member using count formated:{{issue.customfield_10668.DisplayName.get(issue.customfield_10808.format("###").minus(2))}}
The Output:
All:Chris Hemsworth, Eric Bana, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman
size:4
count(storing the size in a custom field):4.0
count formated:4
Get index using variable:4
Display second last member using index:Hugh Jackman
Display second last member using size:Hugh Jackman
Display second last member using count field:
Display second last member using count formated:

Last 2 statements return blank.

Basically i am unable to get the names out from the list except the first and the last name using the  out of the box list.first or list.last smart value.

Ho do i get the user in the list seperately to populate e single user field?

2 answers

0 votes
Aleksandra Leesment November 8, 2023

I would like to get help with this as well without using third-party apps

0 votes
Thibaut Subra _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

Hello @rupen.deshpande 

If you don't mind using third-party apps, our Copy & Sync application can help you with that.

You can easily create a dynamic number of issues based on the number of components in a field. In your case, you can dynamically create issues based on the users in the field and retrieve each individual values separately. Take a look at our documentation which explains how it works.

If needed, you can insert your Copy & Sync recipes in Jira Automation.

Let me know if you have any question, I'll be glad to help!

Regards

Thibaut

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events