Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get email addresses from multi-user picker field?

vladyslav.sh December 22, 2022

Greetings.
I want to create automation that can be run manually by an agent or that will automatically create a list of email addresses specified in the Muliti-User picker field.
Case:
The customer submits a request and specifies users in the field;
The agent received the request but can't copy and paste the email addresses, so he needs to manually find the personal email of each user.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! Let me know if you need more details! 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2022

Hello @vladyslav.sh 

Welcome to the community.

Are the users in the list other customers, or licensed users of Jira?

Can you tell us about the purpose of the multi-user picker field? That could help us provide better suggestions.

vladyslav.sh December 23, 2022

Hi!
Some are customers, and some are licensed. 
I have a type of request, scheduled meeting, and I want to customer to pick users from the multi-user picker field "Attendees names" As for now, everything works fine, but when the request is placed, the picked users appear in the issue view as they are named in the JSM. I want to automatically show their emails in a separate field(or smth like that), so the person responsible for booking meetings can copy them and book the meeting without doing extra work.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

I have not worked out all the details for how to do this but here are some references that might help you.

Your multi-user picker field is a list so take a look at how to work with list smart values.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-lists/

And this is an example of working specifically with a multi-user picker list.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/examples-of-using-smart-values-with-lists/#Multi-user-picker

vladyslav.sh December 27, 2022

That's really helpful! 
Thanks a lot!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2022

You're welcome.

If you were able to solve your problem with the provided information, consider...

1. Posting the details of your solution here so that other community members can benefit from what you learned.

2. Marking this Answer as Accepted, to help other community members find posts with working solutions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events