Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to get email addresses from multi-user picker field?

Greetings.
I want to create automation that can be run manually by an agent or that will automatically create a list of email addresses specified in the Muliti-User picker field.
Case:
The customer submits a request and specifies users in the field;
The agent received the request but can't copy and paste the email addresses, so he needs to manually find the personal email of each user.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! Let me know if you need more details! 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 22, 2022

Hello @vladyslav_sh 

Welcome to the community.

Are the users in the list other customers, or licensed users of Jira?

Can you tell us about the purpose of the multi-user picker field? That could help us provide better suggestions.

Hi!
Some are customers, and some are licensed. 
I have a type of request, scheduled meeting, and I want to customer to pick users from the multi-user picker field "Attendees names" As for now, everything works fine, but when the request is placed, the picked users appear in the issue view as they are named in the JSM. I want to automatically show their emails in a separate field(or smth like that), so the person responsible for booking meetings can copy them and book the meeting without doing extra work.

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 23, 2022

I have not worked out all the details for how to do this but here are some references that might help you.

Your multi-user picker field is a list so take a look at how to work with list smart values.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-lists/

And this is an example of working specifically with a multi-user picker list.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/examples-of-using-smart-values-with-lists/#Multi-user-picker

That's really helpful! 
Thanks a lot!

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 27, 2022

You're welcome.

If you were able to solve your problem with the provided information, consider...

1. Posting the details of your solution here so that other community members can benefit from what you learned.

2. Marking this Answer as Accepted, to help other community members find posts with working solutions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events