Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a copy of emails sent to customers using the "Reply to customer" feature

Tony Vlcek May 11, 2021

Hi,

I have setup JSM for our support team so that when customers email our support email an issue is created in JSM (more details here), now we have clients emailing in, some will create a ticket through our forms, sometimes we will raise a ticket on clients behalf to loop them into the process.

We have had few complaints about the formatting of the responses and sometimes customers complain that the email has not arrived. From what I can see under the ticket everything looks O.K. (the formatting looks good in JSM, and the comment is there and added as public). Without being able to see the actual email, there's nothing I can tell the customer.

Is there a way for me to receive a copy of every Reply to the customer (public comment) added in JSM?

Or is there a different way I can tackle this problem?

PS:
I know that I can preview the Customer notification templates, but that doesn't solve my problem because the formatting errors can occur in the body of the response.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tony Vlcek May 18, 2021

Today I found okay-ish workaround for this:

Create a dummy client in JSM and add this client as a participant on all requests (I think automation could be used to do this on all requests if need be). As per this article, participants are receiving the same notifications as the reporters.

I think the audit logs are still very much needed, but this provides at least a little bit of insight into what emails are being sent out.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2021

Hi @Tony Vlcek

outgoing email logs for Jira Service Management Cloud is something still to come (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4698) - you could vote for the issue and watch it in order to keep updated.

Also a "blind copy" that goes out to the customer cannot be dispatched to you - in terms of a tap or an interception. You would need to check with the customer if the mail is there (or setup a demo customer for testing purposes).

Cheers,
Daniel

Tony Vlcek May 16, 2021

Thank you @Daniel Ebers , that's too bad, but I understand there's not much you or anyone else from the community can do about this. Thanks for the response, I've up-voted the issue and added my comments there.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

From reading your post I am wondering if what you’re experiencing is an issue where the customer does not receive an email notification that the issue was created when the agent creates the issue on the customers behalf. If that is the case it is likely that the agent is creating it using the create button within the application rather than using raise a request link in the sidebar. What is important to ensure when creating an issue on behalf of a customer is that the proper customer request type is selected as well as setting the reporter to be the customer himself. If the agent uses raise a request link then that won’t be an issue because they’ll be using of the portal to create the issue.

Tony Vlcek May 12, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey , thanks for the quick response. 

I understand what you're referring to, but in my case, the ticket was raised by the admin through the portal (client selected in the on behalf dropdown); or by the client directly in the portal; or by the client emailing our support email address which is connected to JSM and setup (correctly) to create a Support ticket.

Is there a way to see the outgoing emails from JSM Cloud somewhere? Ideally, I'd want the emails to reach my inbox (for a limited period of time when we're testing this). But being able to see some (audit) logs could help as well.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events