Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a Report for Created Vs Closed issues in Jira Service Management

Sreenadh March 28, 2023

Hi,

How to generate a Report for Created Vs Closed issues in Jira Service Management

Please help me out with the step by step process for the same.

Thanks,

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

HI @Sreenadh

There are two ways: 

1. Go to your project
  2. Locate the report option from the project sidebar
  3. Click Reports
  4. Click "Created vs Resolved"

1. Go to the dashboard
    1. If you don't have one, click on "Dashboards" from the header menu and click "Create dashboard"
    2. Give your dashboard a name
    3. Share it with others, if you want them to be able to see it
  2. Click Edit Dashboard (if you are already working on an existing one)
  3. Click Add Gadget
  4. Search for "Created vs Resolved" from the search field
  5. Click Add
  6. On your gadget, add the filter of your JSM project
  7. Adjust the other parameters
  8. Click Save

For the above report to work (in either of these two ways) your resolved issues should have a resolution. If they don't then they will not be visible on this report.

Sreenadh March 28, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for the response.

Here my Requirement is simple by default Created Vs resolved Gadget is already available but i want to generate a New gadget which will fetch Created Vs Closed issues not Resolved.

Currently i am not able to achieve the same because my boss is requesting for Same as Created Vs Resolved we need Created Vs Closed.

I want to see All the Created and Closed in single report.

Please help me out with the same.

Thanks,

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

@Sreenadh 

Unfortunately you can't do that out of the box. You would need to mess with the parameters that Jira works with. E.g. take into account the date which the issue went to the closed status.

Sreenadh March 29, 2023

Please provide us the more details on the same.

If there is any work around please help me out on the same

Thanks,

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2023

You could try searching for an app from the marketplace.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2023

The best option is to use Created vs Resolved.

This does mean that you have to use the Resolution field as Jira intends it to be used, but that does offer you a lot more flexibility and power than just "closed", and it will make all the other reporting in Jira work properly as well.

0 votes
Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh

As mentioned by @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , Jira Service Management doesn't have a built-in gadget for Created vs. Closed issues.

You can create a custom solution using filters and the "Two-Dimensional Filter Statistics" gadget. to do that follow this simple guide:

Create a filter for Created and Closed issues:

a. Go to "Issues" > "Search for issues" in the top navigation bar.
b. Switch to the "Advanced" search mode if you're not already in it.
c. Enter a JQL query that includes both created and closed issues for your desired time frame

(e. g. , daily, weekly, or monthly). Here's an example for daily:

project = "Your Project Name" AND (created >= startOfDay() OR (status changed to Closed AFTER startOfDay() AND status changed to Closed BEFORE endOfDay()))

Replace "Your Project Name" with the actual name of your project.
d. Save this filter with a name like "Created and Closed Issues - Daily. "

Create a dashboard and add the "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" gadget:

a. Go to "Dashboards" in the top navigation bar and click "Create dashboard. "
b. Give your dashboard a name and description, and then click "Create. "
c. Click "Add gadget" on your new dashboard and search for the "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" gadget.
d. Add the "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" gadget to your dashboard.

Configure the "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" gadget:

a. In the gadget, click "Configure. "
b. Select the "Created and Closed Issues - Daily" filter you created earlier in the "Filter" dropdown.
c. Set the "X-axis" to "Created" and the "Y-axis" to "Status. "
d. Check the box for "Show Totals. "
e. Click "Save" to apply the changes.

Please note that this solution provides a workaround and may not be as visually appealing as the Created vs. Resolved gadget.

Nonetheless, it should help you track the Created vs. Closed issues in your Jira Service Management project.

I hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events