Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to format a custom numeric field - Jira service Management

J Roberts February 6, 2021

When the customer creates a request and enters a value in a custom numeric amount field, I would like to ensure the value presents with a decimal followed by 2 digits. I tried to edit the value with an edit field automation issue.amount.format(###,###,###.##) but that did not work. If the user enters 100 I would like to present 100.00 after the issue request is saved or even format the field after they move to the next field. Any suggestions? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

@J Roberts -

In Jira, the number format field should already default with 2 decimal.  I would recommend you to verify if your custom field was associate with the Number Field format type or not.

2021-02-07_16-24-32.png

If it is created using the Number Field format type, it will always carries the 2 decimal points (i.e. Entered 100, it will display as 100.00).

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

J Roberts February 9, 2021

My custom field was created as a number. Testing to see the actual value stored returns 90.0 {{issue.customfield_10064}}, however the value displayed in the portal and agent view is 90

I would like the displayed value to be 90.0 and not simply 90

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

@J Roberts -

Hi Jackie:

After further analysis on my end, it looks like you will have to adjust a configuration (.vm) file for your Jira system to achieve what you wanted.

Take a look at the following posting - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-display-a-different-format-for-the-number-customfield-658735503.html

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events