Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force approver to leave comment on decline of a request?

dell marco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2018

when using JSD for internal process, it's good to clarify the reason of decline, but it is missed sometime by the approver, is there a way to force leaving a comment on decline of request?

1 answer

1 vote
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

Hi Dell, welcome to the community!

Are you using a transition when declining a request? If so, you could create a transition screen (Decline) and on that screen populate the decline reason. 

Then, you could add a validator to the transition that would require the reason be filled in.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2018

The only limitation here is if they are approving via email and not w/in the app this won't work. Often times w/ JSD the approver doesn't have direct access to JSD, e.g. a CFO approving staffing.

Like Josh Hammond likes this
Richard Ryu January 29, 2019

Jack, any workarounds for situations like those? Some of our approvers are non-license users (SVPs who would prefer e-mail or portal interaction) and we typically "encourage" them to leave comment.  So it's a bit manual but I'm just not sure how to enable this at the moment. Perhaps this should be a new feature request for Atlassian? 

Like Daniil Melnik likes this
Deleted user July 3, 2019

I am Wondering if you came across this kind of requirement and have overturned it with any script or other solution?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6450

Problem Definition

When there are multiple approvers on an issue, if only one denies or approves, the issue is transitioned without giving other approvers an opportunity to agree or disagree. This results in a lot of administrative work as these issues have to be placed back into a status requiring approval so the approval step can be repeated.

Suggested Solution

Create a way to configure workflow transitions for approvals based on the number of approvals/rejections. For example, if I have three approvers on an issue, I could set the following for the approval:

• Required to approve: 1
  • Required to deny: 2

In this example, if any one approver gives the green light, the request is approved. If one denies it, however, another will have to agree to deny the request.

Why this is important

This allows my team to more effectively distribute approval responsibility without creating significant administrative overhead.

Workaround

No workaround at this time.

Thanks and cheers.
Milan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events