Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out when a ticket actually breached an SLA

Wendy Barrington October 18, 2023

Let me start by saying that I do not want to get an add-in from the Marketplace.  That's not an option.

I am testing an automation rule that triggers when the SLA breaches and writes the date and time of the breach to custom fields.  It seems to be working in our test Jira project.  

How can I find the exact time the SLA breached in historical tickets?  I'm working on a hotspot breach report for leadership and I need the values for the past six months.

Can this be done?

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2023

It can be done without an app, but you would need to use the API in order to get the data since it is not recorded in the history log. You can use the Get sla information endpoint to get the data. You can then use this in an automation to populate the custom field that you have, just note that if you have a lot of old requests then the automation may get throttled.

Wendy Barrington October 19, 2023

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg.  We'll see what we can do with it.  Thankfully, I've got a very small test instance with about 500 tickets going across three years.  

My immediate need is for the previous 6-months with a long term need of data going back to 2018.  

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events