Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Last activity date & time on the project

prajakta_desai April 5, 2023

Hi Team,

How to find Last activity date & time on the project wise.

please suggest me plugin names.

Regards,

Prajakta

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi @prajakta_desai What do you mean by that?

A project in Jira consists of issues. The last activity date & time of a project is the last activity date & time of the most recent updated issue.

The Projects link in Settings shows you the Last issue update column.

Hi @Dave Mathijs ,

How can we detect if the agent has made any changes to the projects?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Use this JQL:

issuekey in updatedBy("Agent Name")

We are migrating from server to cloud.

i want to document the file.

is there any plugin? it will show the result of last activity date and time with project name.

and it will generate report in excel sheet?

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2023

Hi @prajakta_desai 

I don't know what format you need, but you can check out Issue History for Jira app from my team. It is like a diary of all activities, so you can see what changes were made last and export the report to Excel/CSV.How to export issue history for audit trail.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Do you mean project configuration, or usage?

For people using the project, run a search for "project = X order by updated desc" - first line is the last issue that was amended in the project.

For project configuration, go to Admin -> Audit log.  Project changes are logged in there, but you might also want to check the schemes the project is using to see if they have been changed too.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- apart from audit log we have any options?

where we can get project wise changes report 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

I'm a bit stuck - what do you think "project wise changes" are?  If it's config, then, as I already said, the audit log tracks those, if it's issues, then use either my query or Dave's according to what you're looking for.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Document what file?  

Could you tell us what you mean by "activity"?  Configuring the project or using it?

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
William Wilson January 4, 2024

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I will keep this as simple as I can:

I have teams and team leads.

I have a list of ~120 projects.

• That list of projects is available via the "Manage Projects" page, along with the date of the "last issue update". For instance, 1 project (1 issue in a project) was updated 4 minutes ago. 1 was 3 days ago. A couple were last interacted with more than a year ago.

I want to make that data... the "project name", and the "last issue update" date available to my team leads - IN CONFLUENCE, so that they can look at the list, and audit current project activity. 

WITHOUT THE USE OF UPCHARGED ADD-ONS FROM THE MARKETPLACE (scriptrunner being an exception that we already pay for)... how do I accomplish this? Please don't obfuscate it with some gaslighting about how I'm "doing it wrong" either. Just... give me a solution, or tell me you don't know the answer.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2024

It's probably not a good idea to lead with an insult at the person you are asking to help you.  I never "gaslight people about doing it wrong".  I tell it as it is.  It is not gaslighting if people choose not to listen or do not like what I'm saying.

TLDR: Scriptrunner can do this as a console script.

In this case, your question is exactly what I would recommend anyway, your query is what I have asked of many Jira sites many times.  The most useful answer is definitely "something that gives me a list of projects" with, ideally:

• Key
  • Name
  • Owner (I usually equate this with "project lead", but some places don't fill that field, or have proxy owners - the job before Adaptavist had a support project clearly owned by Richard, but he delegated the project lead role to the the support team lead.  So just "project lead" might not be the right answer for "owner".  But it is a good "who to ask next" lead)
  • Initially ordered by their unique ID, because that is an incrementing number, and Jira does not store the creation date (outside the time-cleared audit log), so at least you can see project X ( ID 12345) was created after Y (ID 12300) and before Z (ID 23456)
  • Date of creation of the oldest issue in it (and key of course)
  • Date of the latest issue update

(With the issue dates, I recommend a note on the report to remind people that issues can be moved to other projects or deleted)

I wrote exactly that report as an app many years ago, before I had access to Scriptrunner. 

Oddly, I found the code for it a couple of weeks ago.  It's useless because it was written for Jira 3.4 and last updated for 5.2.  But it is not complex code and, at a glance, might actually still work in Jira 9 after fixing the import lines that I know need to be changed.

So, to meet this need today, on Server/DC, I would:

• Replicate most of that code in Scriptrunner for Jira
  • Expose it as a REST endpoint
  • Write a Confluence macro that hits the endpoint and extracts and displays the data.

On Cloud, it's a bit more difficult - we can't write apps that go into that much detail, nor display it in Confluence, yet.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events