How to export 'Issue types' , issue type scheme, workflow scheme from Jira cloud

Namrata Kumari March 21, 2023

Hi,

I have created custom issue types, workflows, custom fields for issue types for a Service Management project in test instance.

Now I want to migrate the project from test to production(cloud to cloud) but I am not confident in doing so as I have read that it overwrites the database.

So I am looking at the manual way of exporting/importing the issue types, scheme and custom fields I have created in the test project.

Any suggestion, please?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

@Namrata Kumari -

Based on my experience, one way that always give you a better control is to manually create those configuration/scheme/setup manually in Production env.  Although this is time consuming, but it allows you conduct the migration step by step in your control.

Of course, you can also look for 3rd party add-ons that can provide you with the breakdown functionality.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Namrata Kumari March 21, 2023

Thank you @Joseph Chung Yin for your response. Appreciate it!

I can create the configs manually in Production env but is there a way or tool that can help me to import/export the custom fields? I have a good number of custom fields created in test and would be a tedious job to recreate it again in production.

I just read about 'eazybi', will this help me with my requirement?

Thank you again!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

@Namrata Kumari -

I am not aware a specific add-on as of right now.  You can search for them via https://marketplace.atlassian.com

for add-on.

In regards to "EazyBI", it is an add-on for generating rebust charts/reports/graphs purpose only and not for field configuration migration or any other schema migration.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events