Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Jira Insight objects comments section?

Ignas Selvestravičius January 24, 2022

How to enable Insight object comment section? 

On this article under the headline "Data Hierarchy Level 3 - Objects" I can clearly see there is a Comment functionality under the Activity section. But I do not see the comment functionality in my Insight object view. How can I enable it?

I struggle to find any information on the web. I must have this comment section function because I need to track changes in details about my company's assets (what updates were done on servers, virtual machines, laptops, etc.)

Screenshot 2022-01-24 133425.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2022

Hello @Ignas Selvestravičius,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

The ability to add comments to objects is currently not available on Insight premium. 

The article you shared is from 2020 and the Insight details show there isn’t from the same version available on Service Management premium.

There is a feature request suggesting this improvement:

Please, click on vote for this issue and also watch it to receive updates from our product managers.

The last update is from January 13th:

Supporting the comments functionality on Insight objects is currently in development, and we're aiming to ship this feature before March 2022.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Ignas Selvestravičius January 26, 2022

Thank you. I hope this ability will be available soon as it is essential for the assets.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events