Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit and create multiple Objects using AQL branches in Automations

James K_ November 17, 2023

Hello,

I am trying to automate the updating and creation of objects using an automation.  I have an object "EDG" that has the following relevant attributes "Support Expiration", "Support Dropdown", and "Retired".

My automation runs daily and I want it to check for objects that are have an expiration date that has passed, edit those objects so that "Support Dropdown" is set to 'false' so the objects won't appear to customers in a custom asset field, and set "Retired" to 'true'.  It should also create a new object with a similar version of the "Name" attribute (ie. the original object might be "v1", while the new object will be "v1 Unsupported"  with values of 'True' for "Support Dropdown" and "Retired".

This will remove the expired object from the portal dropdown and replace it with a new object indicating that support has expired and let previous issues keep the appropriate version indicating that it was opened when the version was supported.

I've managed to get this working for a single object, but if multiple objects expire on the same day, my automation isn't working.

Please find screenshots of the current working automation:

help1.png

help2.png

Note: that in the current version of the automation included in those screenshots, I'm also setting the "Released" attribute to the distant future, as well as copying over the attribute "Type of Release".

In summation, how can I get this automation to create multiple separate objects for each result it finds from the AQL query?

Thanks,
James

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders