Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display more KB entries in the customer portal?

Zhongshu Li July 24, 2022

Look at this screenshot, we want to add KB entries from 3 to 20, How should I do it?

2 answers

2 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2022

Hi @Zhongshu Li 

This in inadvertently related to question discussed here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Order-of-appearance-for-KB-articles-in-Jira-Service-Desk/qaq-p/1715268

We cannot configure how a kb article pops up when we search in customer portal and it's not limited to 3 or 4

It searches based on summary, so the reason you are seeing 4 pages is because they are matching summary with the keyword you have searched

And if it's the number of articles in the page, i believe if you increase the screen size the pages will be more, sites either have scrolling mechanism to paginate over the search or page numbers as you can see in the above.

As this is server edition, changing a file in backend server might increase the search, we will have to check with Atlassian once though as we would be changing the backed file. You can raise the support ticket and check

Thanks,

Pramodh

Zhongshu Li July 24, 2022

Thanks, Parmodh

And if it's the number of articles in the page, i believe if you increase the screen size the pages will be more, sites either have scrolling mechanism to paginate over the search or page numbers as you can see in the above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to increase the screen size ? 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Zhongshu Li 

This would need the backend code to be changed specifically with VM templates and not a best practice to change as if you upgrade the instance, you will have change the VM files again.

As @Joseph Chung Yin mentioned there is a request for this feature and you can vote for the same or contact Atlassian Support

Thanks,
Pramodh

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2022

@Zhongshu Li -

I don't believe there is a way for you to increase screen size in JSM (On-prems).   There is an outstanding enhancement ask - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4923.

I would recommend that you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) to confirm if there are any other ways to achieve your ask.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events