Order of appearance for KB articles in Jira Service Desk

Johannes Rudolf June 4, 2021

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the order of appearance for KB articles in Jira Service Desk portal. I am aware of the "smart graph" technology which is - if I am informed correctly - about finding the correct request type.

To my knowledge the order of appearance for KB articles in Service Desk depends on the age of the articles, usage of buzz words in titles and texts itself as well as incoming/outgoing links. There was a very useful link to Atlassian’s documentation about it (which I hardly can’t find again) however the actual question is if there’s a way to change it (apart of categories)? 

Let’s assume there’s a Service Desk portal (running on Jira Server) and there’s a bunch of briefing articles containing service descriptions (in German: “Steckbrief Service XY”). Those articles have been created most recently but shall not appear at the top of the result list within the SD portal. Nonetheless they should be available. 

I was wondering if we can influence the order? In the screenshot below there are a couple “Steckbrief” articles which preferably do not appear as the first search result. Is there any way or trick to achieve this?

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 14.18.15.png

• Hosting Type: Jira/Confluence Server
  • Jira Software: 8.5.1
  • Service Desk: 4.5.1
  • Confluence: 7.1.2

Many thanks in advance!

Johannes

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

@Johannes Rudolf You are correct on how pages are ordered and there is not a way to circumvent this.  If you are performing the search at the request level you can use labels to limit results which can help raise the articles in the ranking but still it is all dependant on the information you listed above.  There is also a feature request for this functionality that you can vote for. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9639

Johannes Rudolf June 12, 2021

I have voted for the JSDCLOUD request. Could you please vote for the JSDSERVER request? Thanks!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-8387

Joshua Mathews June 28, 2021

Voted!  Only 17 votes...I don't know how all of us don't wish for this, lol.  

Like Johannes Rudolf likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2023

Yeah, it will be needful feature

0 votes
Johannes Rudolf June 12, 2021

Many thanks, @Brant Schroeder! I see there's a feature request for Cloud however I will raise on for DC since I couldn't any. 

Cheers,

Johannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events