Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the +-sign / create(c) "button".

Per Arne Føllesdal September 18, 2019

On the left side of the Jira software you have the blue area. Her you have the +-sign where you can create a new case. Is it possible to disable this button completely? Not only for one project but for all?

With kind regards

Per Arne Føllesdal

e-mail: per.arne.follesdal@tide.no

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

This is not configurable. At least I have never seen a place to disable. Might I inquire as to why you wish to do this?

Per Arne Føllesdal September 23, 2019

I would like all the users to use the same forms the we have made available for the project. Therefore I would like to ‘remove / hide’ the + sign.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

Ah. so you want your agents to use the 'portal' for creating issues? Your agents can and should use "Raise a request" link in the sidebar vs. the "+". Also any JSW users w/ permissions could create a JSD using the "+" if your permissions allow but that can be changed. However, you can't prevent Agents from using the "+" unfortunately.

Per Arne Føllesdal September 24, 2019

Then it's not possible to ‘disable’ the ‘+- sign’.

Is it possible to direct the ‘+ - sign’ to one of the defined input forms which are located below the ‘Raise a request’ link?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2019

no the "+" is predefined, static and controlled by the underlying SW, i.e. non-configurable. The issue here is the "+" is not dedicated to JSD projects it is part of Jira Core and it is a system-wide function not project-specific.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events