Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to differentiate system generated emails and user created emails that are created as email req?

Hi All,

Is there a way to differentiate system-generated emails and user-created emails when issues are created via an email?

We want those system-generated emails to be then considered as P4 priority and the user-created emails as P3 priority.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 28, 2022

So I assume that your systems are configured as customers just like real people customers, correct?

assuming so one option would be to use Automation something like this …

trigger - issue created

Condition – email channel

Condition - check that reporter is one of the system users

action - add label 

if that is an option you would wish to pursue and need some assistance on please let me know.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 28, 2022

Another thought just occurred to me. What if you were to add the system users into a different organization ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

298 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you