Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create send a custom email using Post function under Scriptrunner

Glenn February 18, 2021

Hi Atlassian Support,

I would like to ask how to create send a custom email using Post function under Scriptrunner app. It seems like setting up send notification post function is different and some parameters I need is not available on the Newer version of Scriptrunner or either the new JIRA Service Management(Cloud.)

Please be informed that this is working on JIRA Local v7.3.3 and I think we have a older version of scriptrunner app in which we have.

My requirements are

1. Subject template that can be dynamic and can use scripts.

2. cc and bcc parameters

3. include attachments

s1.PNGs2.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2021

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that unfortunately ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud does not have the same Send a custom Email post function that the server version has and I can confirm you can see a full list of differences between the cloud and server versions of the plugin inside the documentation page located here.

The reason why we are unable to provide this same post function is due to the that Atlassian does not provide any rest API's and only provides the notify rest API which is described in the API documentation located here to notify users.

The notify API only allows you to notify users who are present inside of Jira or are set on the issue and you can read further details about this function works here and has a built-in limitation that you are not allowed to notify your own user.

This means that unfortunately that you will not be able to notify external users with an email like you can do in the server version and will only be able to send a notification using the notify API in the cloud version due to the reasons explained above.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
Kristian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events