Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create overview dashboard for Multiple projects

hninmmhtun October 12, 2020

Hi experts,

I would like to create a simple overview dashboard for multiple projects in JIRA. For example, I would like to see Projects , Epics in each projects , how many stories are in each and status of stories. Is there a way to do this in JIRA dashboard ?

2 answers

2 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

hi @hninmmhtun , welcome on Community. I think you can have it using Projects gadget (it will list all OR selected projects). So first you need to add new dashboard (or edit existing one). You can add a new one using TOP Jira Panel -> Dashbards -> Create Dashboard

On dashboard you can add Projects gadget

• Add Gadget -> Click 'Load All Gadgets' -> filter 'projects' -> select Projects gadget
    • you can edit it when it is added to dashboard

Epics and stories can be displayed using prepared filter, so you can prepare filters in TOP Jira Panel -> Filters -> Advanced issue search

• project = A and issuetype = Epic
    • filter to search all epics in project A
    • click Save As and insert name of the filter, e.g. Project A Epics
  • "Epic Link" = ISS-1
    • filter to search all issues under epic with key ISS-1
    • click Save As and insert name of the filter, e.g. Epic Issues

Back on the dashboard

• you can add Gadget Filter Results and configure it with your saved filters

Oher interesting gadgets are

• Assigned to me
  • Filter counts
  • Pie chart
  • Watched issues
0 votes
erika October 13, 2020

Hi Martin. Thanks for the process. If I may add to this conversation, I am trying to create bulk charts and pie charts containing more than just 1 metric and that I am not able to master. I have also created filters with those metrics and used the particular filter with the gadget but that failed two. Unfortunately, you also are not able to use the same gadget twice on the 2 dashboards either or I have not figured out how to. If I add the same gadget the previous one disappears with all the settings. 

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2020

@erika thank you for your inputs... I tried to add multiple gadgets of the same type and it is working. Can you share your configuration?

Selection_027.png

erika October 14, 2020

Hm. now its actually working. weird. I have set up a graph and then wanted to add the same one and it removed mine, with which I have spend time to create and left only the new one. seems resolved now. Thanks Martin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events