Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an incomming mail handler to create a customer acccount and an issue

星川敏洋 May 19, 2021

I'd like to create an incomming mail handler which creates an issue and a customer account then invite the customer automatically.

I could set up a handler to create a new issure by email request, but no customer account created and I did not received any an email on events of ithe ssue.

I got an error. when I set "Create Users" of incomming mail setting ON, 

The error was:
------------------------
"Sender is anonymous, no default reporter specified and creating users is set to false (or external user management is enabled). Message rejected."
------------------------

How can I achiece to create customer accounts by email requests

so that customers recive email on change event of issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Hi @星川敏洋 

Jira service management incoming mail is configured differently and should be configured in the project itself.

Please have a look at: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

Go to your project> project setting > Email request to configure your email.

Also go to customer permission page also in the project setting page to specify that anyone can create an account. ( https://your-url.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/ST/settings/customer-permissions )

Hope this helps.

星川敏洋 May 20, 2021

Hi @Ismael Jimoh 

Thanks.

I'll try to setup based on your advice.

星川敏洋 May 20, 2021

Hi @Ismael Jimoh 

I solved this issue with the project setting.

Thanks again.

Like Ismael Jimoh likes this
0 votes
Robert Jones May 20, 2021

I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events