How to create a recurrent task?

Matheus Bandeira Alcofra January 11, 2023

Hi everyone! How are you?

Hope you are doing just great!

I am migrating from ClickUp to Jira and I don't know how to create a routine task that I have in ClickUp. Could you help me find out if there is a way of doing that?

Sem título.png

I have this task that we need to update every day (morning, afternoon and night).  When I click in the "check" button it will automatically update the final date of the task to the next business day. I wasn't able to find a feature like that yet.

Do you know something similar?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi Matheus - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Here's an article that I wrote last year that might be helpful to you. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Task-Issue/ba-p/2040862

0 votes
Beatriz de Freitas Dellatorre January 11, 2023

Hi. Hope you're doing well!

Could you give me some more info? I could think of an automation to solve your issue but it requires some details.

Will this task be updated (checked) 3 times a day, or just once?
Do you wish to create the same task everyday or simply maintain it on the board being updated?

Matheus Bandeira Alcofra January 11, 2023

Hii!!

Thank you for your help!

It would be 3 tasks (morning, afternoon and night) each task would be "updated" 1 time a day. 

I was thinking about using the description to be the standard model (that wouldn't change) and use the comments for the updates (each day, one comment).

So, when I comment, I would click a "check box" and the date would update for the next business day.

Beatriz de Freitas Dellatorre January 11, 2023

Ok.

Let's assume you created those 3 issues and they have the keys SPB-1, SPB-2, SPB-3 (just to match the example I'll give you). What you can do is create an automation for that whenever one of these issues receive a comment, their due date will be updated to the next business day.

imagem_2023-01-11_185037688.png

imagem_2023-01-11_185221192.png

imagem_2023-01-11_185633356.png

Hope it solves your problem!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS