Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a linked jira field

Asyraf Arshad May 13, 2024

image.png hi i would like to create a custom linked jira field. how do i do that? for example, issues and within the issues there is tags like hardware problem, software problem, etc

2 answers

1 vote
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

Hello @Asyraf Arshad ,

The list that is shown in your screenshot are the currently available fields in jira which you can link to fields on form.

In case if you are looking for a particular field which is not available in that drop down, you can create your Jira custom field and they will be added to this dropdown list automatically.

Here is the link on how you create custom fields in jira.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-a-custom-field/

Hope it helps !

Vijay

0 votes
Umut Ekin AL May 13, 2024

Hello Asyraf,

I guess this is the jira form structure, the part where you added the screenshot is the part of the settings of the form field added to the form. You cannot create a new custom field here, you can choose the one you want among the existing custom fields and match it with the field on the form. Also, the options of the custom field you choose will be added to the form by default.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events