Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Customers and apply them to multiple Projects

Liza Allison March 10, 2022

I have multiple projects created in my JSM base and I would like to create Customers that can have access to all of these projects. But it seems that I only have the ability to create customers in each individual project. There doesn't seem to be a way to apply one customer to multiple projects. Is there an easy way to do this? Or do I really have to create a new customer for every person in each project individually?

2 answers

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

@Liza Allison 

You can release your projects to all clients, for that, in the desired project, do the following:

Access the project settings;
Go to "Customer permissions";

On this screen, check the following option "Anyone on the web":

26.PNG

With this you guarantee that anyone with a "Customer" user will have access to this project in the requests portal

Hope this helps

Thank you!

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

Hi @Liza Allison,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Customers are project specific, so if you want to create the customer in multiple projects you would have to do that via REST API. It has endpoints to get all customers in a project and to create new customers. So a potential solution would be to create all the customers in one project, then have a script that get that list of customers, and add them to your other projects. You can find those endpoints here.

thank you for your response

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events