Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cover vacations

Ruben Noske March 20, 2023

We would like to better organize vacation replacement. For this purpose, all tasks of one person should be monitored by another person during the vacations. Has anyone already solved such a problem? I am looking forward to your ideas.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2023

Hi @Ruben Noske

An idea is to have a second field called backup assignee so when the assignee is on vacation, you can have a bulk update or automation rule to add a comment mentioning the backup assignee to keep an eye on the issue and even assign the ticket to that person.

Hopefully this answers your question, if you have further questions, just let me know.

David
ServiceRocket

0 votes
Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 8, 2023

Hi @Ruben Noske,

I'm the product owner of Out of Office Assistant for Jira cloud, an app by resolution. You are describing precisely a version of the main use case for the plugin.

When someone goes on vacation or any other leave, they can appoint a coverer, who will be the delegate for new tasks assign to them while they are away.

But in addition to that, once an out of office rule is setup, you can do two bulk actions to existing issues:

- Assign them to the coverer

- Or appoint the coverer as a watcher

We are also working on a new feature so that the leaver can quickly see all the issues that were reassigned and claim them back in bulk. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events