How to copy over the custom fields from test instance to production instance.

Namrata Kumari March 22, 2023

Hi,

This question is regarding the custom fields created for the different Issue types.

I have created a good number of custom fields for issue types in the Jira test account. 
I am now looking for a method to copy over these custom fields so that I don't have to recreate them in the production account.

Any suggestions, please?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hello @Namrata Kumari 

It is a bit unclear what you mean by the test account. If this is another instance or sandbox, then I am afraid that you have to recreate them manually.

If you are using a different project with a different account, then those should be available for you as @mruttan explained.

0 votes
mruttan March 22, 2023

Hey There,

A custom field should be available across all Service Management projects.  The field is tied to the screen of your particular issue / request type.  You can add these custom fields to your Production Jira project individually, or, set up a screen scheme for your issue / request type so you can re-use the screen config as needed.

Hope this helps.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events