Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert incident ticket to problem or change ticket?

Moon January 5, 2024

Dear community members,

Good day,

Any ideas on how to convert an incident ticket to a problem ticket or a change ticket in JSM cloud?

I cannot find any setting in the incident management module for this. I have explored the FreshWorks product, and I realized that it allows for direct conversion to problem and change tickets

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Moon

1 answer

2 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2024

Hi @Moon 

You need to have request types in problem or change modules of the JSM project.

In best practice, these should have a different issue type as well and their own workflow.

To see the setup I would advise to setup an ootb JSM project, with the ITSM template in your sandbox, as I see you have a premium subscription.

This will show you how Atlassian inteads the usage of the different modules in a JSM project.

Moon January 7, 2024

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your prompt response. Do you have an example link to guide me on how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Moon

Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2024

Hi @Moon 

Create a new JSM project with the ITSM template, this will provide you with an example setup in relation to change, problem, etc...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events