Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure automatic monitoring of expiration dates and sending out alerts

Lindsey Jensen January 5, 2023

Hi community - happy new year!!

We're new to Service Management (just purchased this week) and are getting everything set up for our team to use. We have a unique use case and are hoping you have some tips.

We assign unique tokens to each of our customers, and the tokens are required to use our software. Those tokens expire based on how long the customer's subscription is, so we're looking for a way to...

a) monitor and track the tokens that are assigned to customers

b) have Jira automatically send out an email to customers 2 weeks before the token expiration date, alerting them to contact our sales team if they want to renew.

Do the Jira geniuses have any ideas for how we can set this up?

Many thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2023

Hi @Lindsey Jensen 

One idea would be to create unique issue types, e.g. "Token", in which you will have (at least) two custom fields:

• Customer name
  • Token expiration date

After that you have two options:

• Create a Jira automation to send an email to responsible users (e.g. assignee) for the token expiration
  • Create a subscription filter to be sent out to groups or people
Lindsey Jensen January 6, 2023

Alex,

Thank you for your response! It’s reassuring to know that we have some options for how to configure this. It will be a real administrative relief for our team. I can create the new issue types and custom fields no problem, but do you happen to know how to create the jira automation to send an email or create a subscription filter? Like I said we just got SM this week and I’m catching up on all of the capabilities.

Much appreciated,

Lindsey 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

@Lindsey Jensen 

Please read these:

The above will help you understand the basic concepts and how to send an email via Jira Automation. An example of a rule which sends out email can be found here https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/rule/112184

Lindsey Jensen January 12, 2023

Thank you @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ! I appreciate the links to further documentation. I will read through these and share the takeaways with my team. I hope you have a great day.

Like Rocio Surnyak likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events