Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clone the attachment from one instance to another instance?

Jakeer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 27, 2023

Hello team,

How can we clone the attachment from one cloud instance to another cloud instance. We are having two cloud instances when an issue is created in one instance the same issue is created and copied the same data in my second cloud instance. How ever the attachment is not getting copied.

Without using Add-ons like script runner is there any way to copy the same attachment to my other instance along when an issue is created.

Any quick suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2023

Hi @Jakeer 

Welcome to the community.

No you can't this would require an app like scriptrunner, exalate or issue synchroniser

Or you could look on how it might be possible to trigger an automation rule with a webhook that creates a cloned issues in the other instance.

I think there are some community topics on this.

Jakeer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 28, 2023

Hello @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam

Thanks for the response.

Can you please provide me the automation rule for obtaining the attachments from one instance to other instance. If possible please provide me the links regarding the same topics.

Thanks,

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2023

@Jakeer as marc said: You can't. So, there's no possibility to copy attachments to another instance via automation rules (afaik). You need another app - or write your own script/program outside of Jira Cloud which uses the Jira REST API to perform this job.

If you're interested into apps without much scripting, I'd recommend to look into issue syncing apps. I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync. We focus on making issue syncing as simple as possible while still keeping it powerful and secure.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events