Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose default request type for issue type

David Busk May 1, 2023

Hello Atlassian community 

I am trying to make the request type "Intern opgave" the default request type for the issue type "Task". As seen in the attached images, i've created the new request type and associated it with the issue type "Task", but when i try to create a new task, it says "no request type" and I have to manually scroll down and find the request type "Intern opgave". Is there a way to make Jira start with the request type "Intern opgave" when the issue type "Task" is chosen?

no request type.PNG

task issue type.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ and @David Busk that default request type feature is currently only relevant when changing the issue type. From the linked article:

If you turn on this feature, whenever an issue is moved (or any other action is taken that causes the request type to be lost), the request type field is updated so that it is not null.

1. Issue create: We are looking to have the default request type selection be respected in the issue create experience within Jira. This is not available now but will be available later. 

Setting a default value for the customer request type field at issue creation is currently not possible. Here's the related feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2385 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Nice catch @Connor !

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023
David Busk May 2, 2023

Hello Alex

Thank you for your answer. I have tried following the guide on the first link, changing the default request type for the issue "Task" to "Intern opgave" as seen in the picture below, but it does not change anything when i go to create a new task, it still suggests "no request type".default request type.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events