Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the options for Dashboards under "Statistic Type"?

elizabeth_lavely March 27, 2023

Where do I find the options associated with "Statistic Type"? I want to edit them - they are clearly custom field options but I do not where the associated screen is meant to be found (if this is the correct case).

2023-03-27 18_20_34-Edit - Exhibit Technology - Jira.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hi Elizabeth,

They are just custom fields that have set values - like pick lists/dropdowns/user picker fields, etc. You cannot use text fields or number fields. 

elizabeth_lavely March 30, 2023

Hi John, 

So to clarify, all custom fields in my instance will show except those that are text or number fields?

This is a secondary question, but do you have any recommendation for showing math based statistics in JSM's dashboard? Without the ability to use the number field, I'm not sure how I can quantify certain information.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Dashboards are very limited in reporting numbers, such as totals, groupings, etc. There might be some add-on gadgets that will help you. 

What is your specific scenario? 

elizabeth_lavely April 6, 2023

Hey there,

I am looking to report the following:

1. Service Time (custom numerical field) spent on each area, as well as averages, and sums for each area.

2. How many tickets are created per area and how often.

3. These tickets are also divided into "service call" and "opening" ticket types. I need to be able to view the above data cross references with these types.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events