Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change status issue

Claudio Ferraz de Toledo December 23, 2021

hello, we created a users for a service desk project, and this one should just control and answer the calls. It is an external person who is not a direct employee, only provides services to the support service. Then within jira software, we created the Service Desk, but this user created seems to have little interaction in the call, not being able for example to change the status of the same. This can be seen in the attached figure. Does anyone know where to say mute the settings so he can be allowed to change the status of the ticket

status change permission.png

2 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

If you wish a user to be able to change the status of issues or create issues within the application then they are deemed an agent. Agents have full access to a given project. If you don’t want this individual to have access to the application and just be able to create issues then they should do that via email. I am unsure if this comes close to even what you were asking but hopefully it is a starting Point for this discussion.

Claudio Ferraz de Toledo December 23, 2021

Hey Guys.. tks for support.

Thank you both. I was coming to this conclusion. Because in the current scenario we have the 3 agents, me, my manager and a software development analyst. And 25 licenses for the team (18) in use. At one point I saw an alert about licenses. But he believed that to answer tickets could be someone from the team with the Sevice Desk profile. Enlightening! I thank you very much, and since I'm 'new' to JIRA I get a little lost. I thank you and wish you an excellent Christmas and New Year's,

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

@Claudio Ferraz de Toledo -

I also agreed with what @Jack Brickey stated.  Your user in question needs to be setup as an agent.  Changing an issue's status is typically a task for the agent.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events