Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Request Type in JIRA Service Desk?

Vinh Lam June 25, 2019

I can't figure out how to change "Request Type" in a Jira Service Desk ticket. Move function only allow changing "Issue Type". The solution mentioned in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/jira-service-desk-how-to-change-request-type/qaq-p/378049 does not work.

Thanks,

-Vinh

2 answers

2 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2019

Hi @Vinh Lam 

What exactly is not working?

Request Types are mapped to Issue Types. You can move between Request Types as long as they are applicable. You will find an option from the right hand panel. In the same panel you will find other Request Types that are not applicable for the current Request Type. In that case you need to change the Issue Type using the Move. When you move the issue from one Issue Type to another you need to map the fields are well.

Ravi

Vinh Lam June 25, 2019

opps, I have not been aware that there is a request type on the right panel... I only see the one on the top and it is not allowed to change. 

Thank you.

Like Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ likes this
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2019

:)

Soporte Inlogiq February 17, 2022

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 
Is there a chance that in that move action it asks you to update the 'Request Type' field?

Like # people like this
Chris Bethea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2022

Hello.

This is my first time using Jira.

How do you change the Request Type of a ticket that you've already created?  The Request Type that I want to change, appears in the Details section in the right hand side of the ticket.

Like Halis Elüstü likes this
That Guy August 29, 2022

I need the same as @Soporte Inlogiq - for example something that comes through via email automatically has iussue type = incident, our service agents may move this to a 'request' issue type but this makes the request type blank as it doesn't force them to choose a request type.

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2019

Simply add the Customer Request Type field to your edit screen.

Almuth Boehme _Communardo_ November 17, 2023

That doesn't solve the issue if your new request type has a different issue type than the current request type.

Edit: Found the quick solution for that, at least if the issue types are using the same workflow: You can click on the issue type icon of the request itself to get a dropdown to switch between issue types. You need to select the issue type that corresponds with the desired request type. Afterwards you can change the request type.

If they don't use the same workflow you'll probably need the move function to change the issue type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events