Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to change Request Type in JIRA Service Desk?

I can't figure out how to change "Request Type" in a Jira Service Desk ticket. Move function only allow changing "Issue Type". The solution mentioned in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/jira-service-desk-how-to-change-request-type/qaq-p/378049 does not work.

Thanks,

-Vinh

2 answers

2 votes

Hi @Vinh Lam 

What exactly is not working?

Request Types are mapped to Issue Types. You can move between Request Types as long as they are applicable. You will find an option from the right hand panel. In the same panel you will find other Request Types that are not applicable for the current Request Type. In that case you need to change the Issue Type using the Move. When you move the issue from one Issue Type to another you need to map the fields are well.

Ravi

opps, I have not been aware that there is a request type on the right panel... I only see the one on the top and it is not allowed to change. 

Thank you.

Like Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ likes this

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 
Is there a chance that in that move action it asks you to update the 'Request Type' field?

Like # people like this

Hello.

This is my first time using Jira.

How do you change the Request Type of a ticket that you've already created?  The Request Type that I want to change, appears in the Details section in the right hand side of the ticket.

Like Halis Elüstü likes this

I need the same as @Soporte Inlogiq - for example something that comes through via email automatically has iussue type = incident, our service agents may move this to a 'request' issue type but this makes the request type blank as it doesn't force them to choose a request type.

0 votes

Simply add the Customer Request Type field to your edit screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events