Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bulk move tickets in Jira Service Management Project

Swaroop Kumar May 10, 2023

Hi, 

Is there a way to move a bulk of tickets from my JSM project to another project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Kumar

If you mean "as a customer", you can not do it. You may ask from agent (if he/she has permission) or jira-admin.

Swaroop Kumar May 10, 2023

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz 

This is for myself having admin access on Jira. I'd like to move bulk tickets from my JSM project to another project.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

So, just move them at once.

• Go to the Advanced search and search your JQL
  • Select the 3 dots in right and bulk change
  • Select the issues you'd like to move and select Next.
  • Select Move Issues and select Next.
Swaroop Kumar May 12, 2023

Thank you @Tansu Akdeniz . So, when I go to advanced search, I see all the 128 issues. I then filtered it to 3 issues using the "Key". However, writing the JQL for every ticket is very manual, is that the expected way or am I missing something here?

If I have to move selected tickets, what's the best way?

Attached is the snippet

JSM Bulk Move.PNG

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2023

1- Just write your query without single issues.

When you go to bulk action wizard mentioned in my previous answer, UI will allow you to select the issues with a click.

But, if you know the issue keys in advance, you can simply run: key in (ITOPS-1, ITOPS-2,..) query. Easier to paste from excel :)

2- If you can filter with a status, reporter etc (without indicating issue keys), do it in JQL and move them.

Swaroop Kumar May 15, 2023

Awesome! Thank you @Tansu Akdeniz 

Separate question that I posted and didn't get a response for. Hope you can help

I'd like to know if the the end-users could set a default view on their Help Center portal.

For example, when I click on requests created by me I see an option to filter the requests by "Project". However, when I reload the page the filter disappears. I'd like to know if I can default the filter view so everytime when I open my requests on Help Center it will show up tickets only to that specific project?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events