Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block the status change of a ticket on a Jira service management ?

Deleted user March 16, 2022

I would like to know where you can block the change of status of a ticket on Jira service management by a customer?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

The ability for a customer to transition an issue to a new status is controlled within the workflow. If you have admin privileges then go to project settings workflows then edit the workflow click on the transition in the pop-up you can deselect the checkbox for the transition on the portal.

Hello @Jack Brickey ,

Thank you for you answer :-)

Deleted user March 18, 2022

I just checked if the user has the right to change the status of the ticket and it is not the case, except that it was done by the user himself.

An idea of how this is possible ?

Capture d’écran 2022-03-18 102205.jpgCapture d’écran 2022-03-18 104133.jpgCapture d’écran 2022-03-18 104252.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

@[deleted] , First let me say that if your question is not answered then up you should deselect the two answers here. You should only select the answer(s) that ultimately resolved your question.

with that out of the way could you please do the following for me? please go to project settings > workflows and edit the workflow. Once there, in diagram mode please select the transition between the two statuses where you do not want the customer to be able to execute. Look to the right and see what it shows in the pop-up. Please share the screen.

Here is what I have:

Capture d’écran 2022-03-18 143138.jpg

0 votes
Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2022

Hi,

Kindly check in the Project Permission for 'Transition Issues -Ability to transition issue'. Keep it for the Agents, Admins only. Not with the Portal access.

Hello @Piyush A (STR)

Thank you for you answer :-)

I just checked if the user has the right to change the status of the ticket and it is not the case, except that it was done by the user himself.

An idea of how this is possible ?

Capture d’écran 2022-03-18 102205.jpgCapture d’écran 2022-03-18 104133.jpgCapture d’écran 2022-03-18 104252.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

ok then the "Escalate" button is in fact appearing on the customer portal then something is wrong. How do you verified that the escalate in fact does show on the portal? Is it possible that Laurent is in fact listed as an agent in this project and escalated from within the application?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events