Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically alert Service Management users within Internal Comment in JIRA Automations

Jon Buckeridge June 7, 2022

In Legacy Automations I was able to mention coworkers as part of an internal comment when a ticket is at risk of breaching SLA or needs attention:

Legacy Automation Alert.PNG

However, in JIRA Automations I can set an internal message, but there doesn't seem to be any option to tag system users within it, and the only notification options are for external feeds such as email or slack:

Legacy Automation Alert 2.PNGCan anyone point me in the direction of how to tag colleagues into tickets and notify them within the platform, please?

Many thanks.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Jon Buckeridge ,

how will you identify who will be mentioned? If it is a specific (static) person you can use something like the following...

[~accountid:{{issue.assignee.accountId}}]

this could be added to a comment. You can get the accountid in a number of ways, such as searching using JQL or inspecting their profile.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hello @Jon Buckeridge 

This is an interesting scenario.

For this, we need to understand that in clod, the users are not stored with the usual user names but with account IDs.

So, in order to mention them in a comment, we will need the account ids. Once you have the account id, you can use the below code segment with automation.

[~accountId:their account ID]

In my opinion, this is not the optimal way to mention users and remembering or extracting the account id is in itself a tedious task.

Anyways, this is the option available, apart from exploring other plugins.

Also, the Atlassian documentation on this is available here.

Hope this helps.

--GG

0 votes
Jon Buckeridge June 8, 2022

Thanks for the answers, both, this was really helpful. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events