Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate the transition of issues in another project?

Thomas January 26, 2021

Hello, community. I need your assistance.

I am using the Jira SD server version. I need the issues to be created in one project but moved to another project or projects according to defined values. For example, if the issue has a certain request type, then it is automatically moved to another project or contains a component. Is it possible to create some automatic rule that would check the issues for the required values and distribute them to different projects?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

You can do this if you add Automation, on server there are two versions of it, Automation Lite which is free but have limited features, and Automation Pro

Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Specifically you can't _move_ an issue using Automation but you can clone the issue to the new project and the close / delete the original issue using Automation.

Thomas January 26, 2021

@Mark Chaimungkalanont, can I do this with the built-in functionality or do I have to install an add-on? Could you please describe the process of creating such a rule in more detail.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

You need an app to do it, the out of the box Jira do not have this feature.

Like Thomas likes this
Thomas January 28, 2021

Thank you, @Mikael Sandberg . I tried the Automation for Jira app. It worked out very well. Thanks for the tip.

Like Inna Gordin likes this
0 votes
Inna Gordin January 27, 2021

Yes, unfortunately you'd need to use a Workflow app to automate that (add proper workflow extension), and there are several available that can do the job:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Workflow&hosting=server&product=jira-service-management

Thomas January 28, 2021

Thanks for the advice.

Like Inna Gordin likes this
0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2021

Hey @Thomas

while this might not be possible without an additional app, Jira Workflow Toolbox being one of the potential ones includes the functionality to do just that -  see an example configuration here: https://apps.decadis.net/display/JWTSDC/Move+an+issue+to+another+project

Disclaimer: I'm part of the team behind the aforementioned app.

Cheers
Thorsten

Thomas January 28, 2021

Thanks! I will try his possibilities.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events