Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to associate a workflow with a queue?

Jonathan G. August 20, 2021

Recently when testing my workflows by creating new issues I have noticed that when I create the issue it does not show up in the right queue. Every time I click the "Create" button and associate an issue type with that ticket, it will show up on the "All Open Tickets" queue but not the specific issue type queue.Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 10.57.01 AM.png

If I create a new incident it doesn't show up in the incidents tab.Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 11.04.07 AM.png Ive set up all my queues to filter by issue type i.e. "Ticket Category" = "[Issue Type]"

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 11.05.09 AM.png

Im not sure if my queue filter or my workflows are the reason for this problem but I want to be able to organize tickets into their specific issue type queues.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

You do not. 

Workflows are a mapping of a process that issues go through, and are "mapped" to issue types in projects (it's not unusual to map a workflow to all issue types in a whole project)

Queues are a list of issues that need some attention from people on the team the queue is for, usually sorted by how urgent it is that they get dealt with, based on data on the issues.

You already have a filter visible on the queue you are looking at - it is listing "all issues in project ITSM with a custom field value set to Incident".

My best guess is that when you are creating new issues, you are not setting the custom field to "incident", so the queue is not selecting it.

Jonathan G. August 23, 2021

Hello,

My original question has poor wording but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to accomplish. When I create new issues and set the issue type to the queue I am trying to send it to it still doesn't work. However, when creating a fresh ticket from the help desk that is the only time the queues actually show the tickets they should be showing. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.12.12 PM.png.

How should I fix this?

-Jonathan

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

Try and change your query for the Incident queue to this:

"Ticket category" = Incidents

Ticket Category is not equal to issue type, categories are based on the four categories that ITIL defines.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2021

You can also use the issue type, in that case the query would look like this:

issuetype = "[System] Incident"

Jonathan G. August 23, 2021

Hello,

My query is already "Ticket Category" = "Incidents" 

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.06.05 PM.png

I just used the example "Ticket Category" = "[Issue Type]" to show that each queues ticket category is equal to a specific issue type.

I still cannot crate an issue from the portal and have it show up in the specific queues, it only works when creating a ticket from the help desk.

What should I do?

-Jonathan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events