How to assign issue to a group or assignee and send an email notification when ticket is created

John Antony A August 31, 2021

How to assign issue to a group or assignee and send an email notification when ticket is created ?

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

You don't assign issues to groups. You assign them to individuals specifically to users defined in your Jira instance. Notifications will be sent to the Assignee when the issue is assigned if you have the notification scheme to do so under project settings > notifications.

Now if your specific requirements are different please provide more details on your goals. Also please let me know if you are using TMP or CMP projects.

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2021

Hi,

This is my workaround so I could assign an issue to a group. Note that was done on a server instance, I don't think it is possible on the Cloud:

• You have to have a distribution list email for each group
  • Create a local user in JIRA, with the name of your group
  • Add the distribution email to the "group" user
  • Add this user to your projet, it must the proper role/autorisation
  • This "group" user can be use the way you want it to be use.

I find that it also help to know that the issue "belongs" to a specific group AND it shows that no-one has start working on it 'cause it is still assign to the group

Note: I want to mention that all the people in the distribution list have an active JIRA licence. It was done to workaround the non group in JIRA 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events