Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign a user as a collaborator

Alex Lee May 16, 2023

How can I assign my service desk teammate with the collaborator role in Service Management cloud?

JSM-roles.jpg

I don't find collaborator role in Project settings ->People

people-roles.jpg

They only need to work on issues, i.e add comment on issues, no need to change the issues status.

Thanks

Alex 

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Alex Lee  welcome!  I think you got it.  There isn't a 'Collaborator' Role. If they are marked as belonging to the Service Desk Team, but not marked as a JSM Agent, and a JIRA User it should work.  That way they're not taking a JSM license, but can still access the JSM project to comment on issue.

That's what I did based on this article: Project Roles in JSM 

With the new 'Customer' Product Role, my JIRA users are JSM customers.  They aren't counted as Agents in JSM.

Alex Lee May 17, 2023

Hi @Dan Breyen thanks for your reply. How can I create a role only have rights to comment (add internal note) on issues?

Thanks

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

Check out this page too: JSM access for Jira users 

There's some permissions settings in the right column about granting permission to comment & view.

Like Alex Lee likes this
Alex Lee May 17, 2023

@Dan Breyen Thanks! You help me a lot!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2023

Glad to help @Alex Lee .  If you could, would it be possible for you to mark this as solved?  That will help out others with the same issue in the future.

Alex Lee May 18, 2023

I created a role with permissions of add comment on issues and assignable user.

Added user coco to this group, but I cannot assign issues to that user.

per1.jpg

Thanks,

Alex

Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2023

@Alex Lee 

Collaborators are not assignable users, they have limited options, such as adding internal comments and attachments.
You need to assign a Service Management license to that user to grant additional permissions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events