Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to approve or decline JSM tickets in Slack

Swaroop Kumar January 17, 2023

Hi There, 

I am trying to find a way to approve Jira tickets via Slack. I put in an automation rule in Jira that triggers a notification to Slack with the link to approve/decline a request. I'd like to have a button enabled in Slack to approve/decline these req's within Slack rather than moving away to different window to perform this action.

I am using Jira bot that helps in sending notifications from Jira to Slack, but unfortunately it does not give approve/decline buttons.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Kumar this can be accomplished with the native Slack and JSM integration. Here's the relevant documentation about working issues in Slack including approving/declining.

Swaroop Kumar January 18, 2023

Hi @Connor 

I looked at the documentation, but couldn't find aby relevant steps to intergate the approval part in Slack. 

Like I said earlier, I have installed Jira Bot in one of the Slack workspaces and currently I am being notified if my name is tagged for approval on a ticket. However, the Jira bot doesn't let me approve/decline the request right from the Slack window. It gives me a link to open the ticket on Jira Help center and then take action.

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Kumar what I linked earlier wouldn't be handled through Jira automation rules. You would need to setup the integration between your JSM project and Slack following this documentation. Once you have that setup then you should be able to approve/decline requests from within Slack as described in the previous documentation I linked.

Approve or decline requests
To approve or decline a request, select the relevant button in your chat with Assist — for example, selecting Approve approves the request so it can move to the next stage of its workflow, and selecting Decline declines it.

Once you approve or decline the request, the message displays a timestamped notification recording your decision. You can also use View details to open the issue in your service project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events