Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply the same condition for two different Issuetypes in a single workflow

Wagner Thierry January 12, 2023

Hello Community, I am new at Jira and I don't know much yet. Because of that I'm having trouble doing the following:

In my project I have Only 2 issue types, let's call it A and B;

Both of them have 4 custom fields in total (2 custom fields for "A" and 2 for "B");

In these custom fields the person should answer a question with "Yes" or "No";

To transition to the status "Done" the custom field must be answered "YES".

I have created 4 conditions in my workflow (one for each custom field, also remember that 2 of these custom fields are in issue type "A" and the other 2 in issue type "B"), the condition is that the "Value Field" must be "=" to "Yes".

My trouble is, I have to be able to transition issue type "A" to the Status "DONE" checking if only the 2 custom fields that this issue type have are set to "Yes". But instead is checking if all 4 custom fields are set to "Yes". "A" doesn't have the other 2 custom fields to edit so it will never be set to "Yes"

Same is for "B".

Is there a way to apply the condition depending on the issue type?

I'm trying to do this directly in the workflow not with automation, I know it can be done by an automation but that's not the intention here"

It may seem a little confusing but if you guys need I can try to elaborate more.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2023

Hi @Wagner Thierry ,

Can you try with or condition between fields mapped to issue type A and fields mapped to issue type B.

You can configure fields for the respective issue types only. Suppose custom field 1 and 2 are for issue type A, then configure that field only to that issue type.

refer below snapshot for example.

conditions.PNG

Yeah they are mapped right, but how did you split in two?

Mine look like this:

image.png

Oh forget it, I understand now, thanks !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events