Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply a resolution to tickets in a "Business Project"

Chuck Woodcock July 18, 2022

I am using a Jira board for tracking recurring tasks and attempting to report on if tickets are resolved before the tracked "Due Date" in the ticket.  Currently, when a ticket is closed (status is updated) on other boards, a resolution (ie Done) is added automatically, but on this board, that is not the case.

I have attempted to update the transition of tickets into the "Done" status, as well as manually applying it from various screens, but am unable to apply it anywhere. I cannot even add the Resolution field into any views to fill it out manually.

Does anyone have a solution where we can either update the workflow, bulk change or even manually edit each ticket in what becomes a manual process?  I would hate for our team to have to transition to a new board and lose the existing automation and tracking we have applied so far.

I have included pictures of the simple workflow applied to the board, as well as the field setting screen where we attempted our updates to include a resolution.

Available fields.PNGWorkflow.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

Hi @Chuck Woodcock 

I assume this is a Team-managed Work Management Project?

If yes - there is a known Bug in Work Management Projects, that the resolution does not set - see JWMCLOUD-180 

---

I see you've tried various options, but the best workaround for this Project type is to use Automation - for example:

• Trigger: Issue Transitioned
    • To Status = Done
  • Action: Edit Issue
    • Field = Resolution
      • Value = Done

---

A few notes on this rule:

• You could use the Condition If/Else Block to set different Resolutions based on some conditional logic - eg. Labels, etc
  • I would recommend having a second rule to clear the Resolution also, if an Issue is reopened - for example:
    • Trigger: Issue Transitioned
      • From Status = Done
    • Action: Edit Issue
      • Field = Resolution
        • Value = <Leave blank to empty>

---

Let us know if this helps!

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN