Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow a Customer to change status of a request themselves from the Customer Portal?

Christina Hiller May 9, 2018

Is there a way to allow a customer to close or cancel an issue they create from the portal?

2 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2018

Yes. If you have admin permissions you can edit the workflow, select the transition and expose it to the portal.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I am not seeing that option when I add a transition and I am an admin.  Any other suggestions?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2018

See if this helps. You should certainly see the option on your transitions. If you still don’t have any luck let me know and include some screenshots of your workflow with the transition being edited.

Screenshot 2018-05-09 21.16.13.pngThanks for the suggestion. Still no luck. Attached is a screenshot the 'Re-Open' transition I'm testing with.  

Haris Psarropoulos September 20, 2019

Coming back to this issue as I thought till now that it is not supported by Atlassian. But it seems I was wrong. When selecting a transition of the service desk workflow, I get the below screen where I can tick the checkbox and a link appears in the portal so that the customer can click on it when the ticket is on the designated status.

Caution should be taken if the transition has a screen connected to it. The portal cannot show screens, so it will require from you to set some default values when the customer triggers it. For example, we have the resolution there and we had to set it to leave it as is.

(note: we are in the cloud jira installation)

JiraTransition.png

Like Jan Lukas Kühnemund likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2019

Correct

Nick Sigma September 20, 2019

I don't have this "Show transition in customer portal" checkbox at all, anywhere, within my workflow. Have a look, any idea where I can find it so customers can set statuses themselves? Capture.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2019

This doesn’t appear to be from a Classic JSD project. Maybe this is a Next-gen JSD project? I have not spent any time with these templates.

Nick Sigma September 23, 2019

Yes, its a next-gen project

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2019

You are blazing new territory here. :-) I have not played w/ NG JSD as yet. But it is pretty clear that this feature isn't available which I find a bit odd TBH. I would direct you to Atlassian Support for this question. Please update here (in the form of an answer) when you get an answer as it will help future searchers.

0 votes
Lorena June 3, 2020

@Nick Sigma 

Did you ever find a solution? I'm in your situation right now.

Александр March 25, 2021

Hello, @Lorena , @Nick Sigma 

If you use JIRA Service Desk Server version you need:

1. Administration -> Issue -> Workflows

2. Set active workflow ->Edit

4. Click on transition line (between statuses)

5. After that you'll see "Show transition in customer portal" checkbox.

Note: Allow "Show transition in customer portal" only for workflow associated with the Service Desk type.

Do not forget to publish a workflow.

Like # people like this
Abby Chang June 1, 2022

Hi Lorena!

How to make workflow associated with the Service Desk type?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events