Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add label based on email

David Scherer March 23, 2023

I would like to add an automation to add specific labels to tickets based on the email of the submitter.  I have been unable to find a way to do this, any tips?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

In it's simplest form the automation would look something like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 1.32.35 PM.png

You could also use smart values to get the email domain and then have multiple if/else conditions if you wanted add different labels based on the reporter's email domain.

David Scherer March 24, 2023

Thank you for your help, I'm going to give it a try!

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

@David Scherer -

I would also agreed with what @Mikael Sandberg suggested to accomplish what you are wanting to do.  The suggestion uses the smart value syntax along with automation rule configuration. 

Please review the following reference link on smart values for issue objects.  There is also a separate wiki page for user objects -

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-users/

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

David Scherer March 24, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin Thank you for the links, I'm going to give it a try and see if it works. If you have a moment, I would appreciate if you could take a look at another question I have.  This one is related to sending outbound messages:

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2023

@David Scherer -

I also agreed with what Mikael suggested on just use "Reply to Customers" function against issues to share the comments to customers, so they can see them in his/her issues via the portal interface.

You can use automation rule Action of "Comment on issue" to trigger comments too and just change the "Comment Visibility" to "Share with customer".

2023-03-24_16-27-25.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events