How to add expense costs to individual Issues and report at a project level?

Andy Greenwood May 20, 2021

I'm using Service Desk to respond to work requests by my stakeholders and this includes the purchase of hardware, software and services. I'd like to be able to add this cost data to each ticket so that all of the information is kept together.

So if a ticket requires us to buy a laptop and software from a certain supplier, I'd like to be able to add item description, cost and supplier for each line item in the ticket. As I have many tickets across my Service Desk project, I'd then like to create a report that shows which ticket numbers had costs associated with them and what those costs are and to be able to group them by their attributes.

I've searched through the Marketplace for apps that might support this but most seem to handle time tracking and billing only. Or if they do handle project costs and budgets, it is at the project level and not the ticket level. Tempo is a good example of this. 

Elements Checklist seemed to be a good solution but I've not been able to get an answer from them on how to report the data out. I'm not sure if Elements Connect might help and I'm looking into this.

Any advice and suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2021

Hi @Andy Greenwood,

Have you considered a custom field of type number? That is the only thing that comes to my mind, but it could actually work. 

You can use JQL to query the number field and find the value/cost associated with it. 

Cheers,
Jack

Andy Greenwood May 27, 2021

Thanks Jack, I'm thinking that this might be the simplest solution and change my workflow to accommodate it.

I did get a response from Elements Checklist and they definitely can't report out. However, they did say that it is request they often get so may solve it in future releases.

Thanks for your help!

ANDY

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events