Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add expense costs to individual Issues and report at a project level?

I'm using Service Desk to respond to work requests by my stakeholders and this includes the purchase of hardware, software and services. I'd like to be able to add this cost data to each ticket so that all of the information is kept together.

So if a ticket requires us to buy a laptop and software from a certain supplier, I'd like to be able to add item description, cost and supplier for each line item in the ticket. As I have many tickets across my Service Desk project, I'd then like to create a report that shows which ticket numbers had costs associated with them and what those costs are and to be able to group them by their attributes.

I've searched through the Marketplace for apps that might support this but most seem to handle time tracking and billing only. Or if they do handle project costs and budgets, it is at the project level and not the ticket level. Tempo is a good example of this. 

Elements Checklist seemed to be a good solution but I've not been able to get an answer from them on how to report the data out. I'm not sure if Elements Connect might help and I'm looking into this.

Any advice and suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Thanks!

1 answer

Hi @Andy Greenwood,

Have you considered a custom field of type number? That is the only thing that comes to my mind, but it could actually work. 

You can use JQL to query the number field and find the value/cost associated with it. 

Cheers,
Jack

Thanks Jack, I'm thinking that this might be the simplest solution and change my workflow to accommodate it.

I did get a response from Elements Checklist and they definitely can't report out. However, they did say that it is request they often get so may solve it in future releases.

Thanks for your help!

ANDY

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

270 views 13 14
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you