Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom fields data in email request?

Dinonath Khan May 7, 2024

so there is a email request in jira service management means through mail we can create the ticket means if i will send a mail to itms@abc.atlassian.net it will create a ticket

so in my request type form there is platform(platform is a custom field) and it is a dropdown in request type form ,so if we raise a request from customer portal than we are getting this platform dropdown we can able to select platform and create a ticket in Jira agent portal it will show selected value of platform, in platform there a options available in dropdown ==> Netflix
Primevideo
hotstar
so if we are raising tickets from customer portal these options are available in platform(custom fields)
but while creating tickets through mail how can we pass platforms as a customer in email so that it will visible the platforms in tickets, do i need to configure something? please help me on that

Screenshot from 2024-05-07 19-01-49.pngScreenshot from 2024-05-07 20-22-19.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Dinonath Khan

Emailed requests are limited to two fields: Summary (which is mapped to the subject of the email) and Description (which is mapped to the content of the email).

If you want to capture additional fields in a structured manner, you would have to guide your customers to the portal directly.

Hope this helps!

Dinonath Khan May 7, 2024

Thanks Michel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders