Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add copies of forms to a request

Kelly Wehbi November 30, 2022

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to implement a specific use case into JSM. I'm trying to create Work Request tickets where a user can submit a request (in this case processing data), and then add multiple sources along with it. Effectively, the request is to process data and they need to add (potentially) 1-5+ sources with their own information along with it.

I can obviously use a Form to assist with some of this, but I haven't found a good way to add the sources. It would be great if there was some kind of "child list" where users could add each source one after another, but I haven't figured out how to do that. Any guidance or suggestions here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

@Kelly Wehbi -

Hi Kelly:

Can you provide more information on what you mean by "data sources"?  Are you asking for the creation of requests (i.e treated as child or related issues to the original Work Request ticket)?

Please advise and then we will be better to assist you.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Kelly Wehbi November 30, 2022

I essentially want to be able to replicate something like this:

1DBH99T7vQ.png

The idea is that along with the request, a user will have multiple "Sources" that they add, complete with their own fielded data. I can sort of do this in a Table, but the table's width is so limited that it's kind of useless.

Ideally, I could then use those entries to auto-generate new Sub-Tasks for a request based on the values, but I'd take just the list itself to start.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

@Kelly Wehbi -

What I would recommend is for you to create multiple custom fields in Jira/JSM where you can setup FORM elements to map back to those custom fields to capture the information.

NOTE - This concept is not ideal, but it is what you can do with out of the box functionality without additional add-on (to capture data in a tabular format)

Once the users fill out the form and create his/her issue, then you can use Automation for Jira to create automation rule to create sub-tasks with those information in an automated process.

Hope this gives you a idea.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events