Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add comment screen to Decline message?

Vinodkumar Mayur November 29, 2022

I have included the approval step for the "waiting for approval" status. Whenever the approver declines, He/she should get a pop-up screen to add the decline message. I tried to create comment screen, add it to the workflows, But nothing seems to be working for me.

I have Approve and Decline buttons enabled. As soon as approver declines, it will be in Decline status (which I wanted), But doesn't see comment screen to add the decline message.

Approve and Decline buttons appear under "Waiting for approvals" main status. I have included the approval steps for the same status. Please help!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Vinodkumar Mayur 

You are able to configure screens for other transitions, however, transitions used by the approval step skips the transition screens. The behavior you are describing in your approval step workflow was reported as a Bug to Atlassian. 

Furthermore, there is another bug raised to address the issue of the Approval step not respecting a workflow validator (i.e. bypassing the validator for the approval/decline transitions).

I would encourage you to add yourself as a watcher of this ticket to follow up on its progress, hit the "This affects my team" button, and provide any feedback you might have in the comment section.

Best regards,
Hamza

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Vinodkumar Mayur ,

Add a blank transition screen to the transition. The comment field is always included.

Question though: Where is the approve performing the approval? In the Jira issue directly or via mail or the portal?

Vinodkumar Mayur November 29, 2022

Hello Dave, I tried both the side, But it does not appear. It seems to be a bug as per Hamza above. I have added myself as a watcher to seek further updates.

Thank you for your inputs too.

Emmanuelle Guia March 13, 2023

Hello @Dave Mathijs , i would like to have the comment field available from the mail approval, how can achieve this task?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events