How to add categories in Knowledge base ?

Meliodas16
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2022

Hi Community,

How do you add categories in knowledge base and select which articles should be displayed in the portal ? I dont find the button "New category"

issue with knowledge base.PNG

Am i missing something ?

Kind regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2022

Hello @Meliodas16 

Which element in that screen image are you referring to when you say "categories"?

Meliodas16
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill ,

The element i'm reffering to is not present in the screen because strangely i dont find it.

I want to add new categories to be able to organize my articles when they are displayed in the portal : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/categorize-knowledge-base-articles/

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-knowledge-base-article-to-multiple-categories/

I'm expecting to have something like this : categories community.PNG

Previously i was able to add a category and "normally" it should be from the settings under Knowledge base -> New category : categories.PNG

When i click on Hola i have this view which list articles under the "Hola" category:hola.PNG

Kind regards.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

In the first image you posted, it appears that while you were viewing the project you selected the Project Settings options. The list that is showing in the left side is from Project Settings.

Instead, when viewing the project you need to click on the Knowledge Base option, not on the Project Settings option.

You should then get the screen that includes the "+ New Category" option in the navigation pane on the left.

Meliodas16
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill

Indeed, i do click on Knowledge Base but nothing shows :kb.PNG

If  another panel is suppossed to show, i should have the little arrow like this one :arr.PNG

Kind regards.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2022

I don't think you are in the right view when you are clicking Knowledge Base. You need to be viewing the project without having selected Project Settings, so that the navigation pane has these choices:

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 11.35.16 AM.png

I can see in your image that "SLAs" is the option directly below Knowledge Base. That is only the case if you selected Project Settings first.

Like Robert Alexa likes this
Meliodas16
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill ,

That's it ! I was in the wrong menu...

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events